Not all of these are my all-time favourites per say, but these are specifically the ones responsible for the movie-freak I am today. I won’t put reviews coz they’re all good in my book – but I will just squeeze some comments in a few. I’ll count down based on my personal rating.
15. Karate Kid (1984) – In respect to this, I’ll never watch the remake – which shouldn’t even be called Karate Kid considering they’re doing fucking kung-fu!
14. Heart and Souls (1993) – this also introduced me to Robert Downey, Jr.
13. Clueless (1995) and Before Sunrise (1995) – The films that opened my mind to chick-flicks and enjoy them.
12. Grease 2 (1982) – It was the first musical I saw as a kid and it basically sparked my love for musicals — even if I later learned that the first Grease was way better.
11. Swing Kids (1993) and Scent of A Woman (1992) – The films that made me think: Dramas aren’t so bad after all.
10. Footloose (1984) – To this day, Kevin Bacon remains as cool as he was in this movie.
9. Kids (1995) – My first indie film… which didnt disappoint.
8. Edward Scissorhands (1990)
7. Wayne’s World (1992)
6. Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983) and Superman II (1980)
5. The Matrix (1999) – Did anybody think Bullet Time was even possible before this movie? I dont think so!
4. Good Fellas (1990) and The Basketball Diaries (1995)
3. Back to the Future (1985) – I loved this movie so much as a kid and still enjoy it every time i see it! A good day would result to watching the trilogy in one seating.
2. The Trouble With Harry (1955) – The film that made me obsess over classics films. It also made me realize there’s only a handful of really good actors nowadays.
1. Pulp Fiction (1994) – One of the coolest movies EVER!!! Quentin Tarantino has been my favorite director ever since.
And there you have it.. the films that made me love movies. If you’ve seen them and enjoyed them.. great! If you haven’t.. check ’em out sometime. Who knows, maybe you’ll end up feeling the way I do now about movies and have a taste in ’em as fucked up as mine.